The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship in any subject area for students to pursue a graduate degree at the University of Cambridge. The scholarships are for one, two, or three years, possibly extending to the fourth year.
In addition to demonstrating wide-ranging academic excellence sufficient to be considered a top candidate in the Cambridge department to which they apply (which normally requires a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.80 or above by Summer 2022), the most successful Gates candidates have demonstrated the capacity to lead and “take others with them” to make the world a better place, a commitment to working for the greater good, and a good academic fit with the Cambridge graduate program to which they apply. Candidates with cumulative undergraduate GPAs below 3.80 at the time of application need to demonstrate sustained ongoing commitment to producing positive change in their chosen field.
|Organization||The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||October 12, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
For all other eligible candidates (including US citizens who are living outside the US) – based on the student’s course, either 1 December 2022 OR 5 January 2023.
How to Apply?
There is no Gates application separate from the Cambridge graduate application (GRADSAF). That application includes a supplemental personal essay for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship (and another for the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Cambridge Overseas Research Trusts).
While the Gates Cambridge Scholarship does not require Penn’s nomination, CURF will be happy to provide advice, guidance, and application assistance to you. CURF requests that Gates applicants create a single PDF of the required application materials (except recommendations) and submit a pdf of their complete Gates Cambridge application to CURF using this form(link is external) after submitting their Gates Cambridge application to the Cambridge website.
The deadline for online submission of the application and supporting documents is October 12, 2022.
Working as a Barber in the USA with Visa Sponsorship and High-Paying Job Opportunities
Are you interested in working as a barber in the United States with visa sponsorship? Look no further, as we delve into everything you need to know about pursuing a career as a barber in the land of opportunities. The barbering profession is not only fulfilling but can also offer substantial earnings, with hourly rates ranging from $11.72 to $32.55, translating to a monthly income of $2,237 to $6,216. Yearly, a skilled barber can potentially earn a remarkable $31,592 to $87,796. Let’s explore the ins and outs of this exciting career path and discover the plethora of opportunities that await skilled immigrants.
Working as a Barber in the USA
A barber’s role goes beyond hair cutting; it encompasses hair styling, grooming, and even hair treatments. This profession is not bound by gender and thrives in dedicated barbershops. As a full-time barber, you’d find yourself engaged in a range of responsibilities:
- Providing hair treatments and impeccable grooming.
- Expertly washing and conditioning hair.
- Mastering the art of precision haircuts.
- Skillfully trimming hair to perfection.
- Executing stylish chemical hair treatments.
- Efficiently using a variety of hairstyling tools.
- Above all, ensuring customer satisfaction by delivering top-notch results.
Benefits of a Barbing Job in the USA
Beyond financial rewards, working as a barber in the USA offers an array of benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexibility in work schedules.
- Opportunities to meet diverse people.
- Autonomy to run your own barbershop.
Remember, companies often provide additional employee benefits, so finding the right fit is essential.
Visa Sponsorship for Barbers in the USA
To work as a barber in the USA with visa sponsorship, you’d typically apply for an H-1B visa. This visa allows temporary employment with US companies, making it an ideal choice for skilled immigrants seeking rewarding opportunities.
Exploring High-Paying Job Opportunities in the USA
Aside from barbering, there’s a multitude of high-paying job opportunities available in the USA, each catering to different skill sets and qualifications. Here are over 10 diverse options to consider:
- Software Engineer: Craft innovative software solutions with an average annual salary of $108,000.
- Registered Nurse: Provide vital healthcare services and earn around $75,000 annually.
- Data Scientist: Analyze complex data sets, fetching an average yearly income of $96,000.
- Pharmacist: Dispense medications and earn a substantial annual wage of approximately $125,000.
- Financial Analyst: Offer valuable financial insights, with average earnings of $85,000 per year.
- Physical Therapist: Assist patients on their path to recovery, making about $89,000 annually.
- Electrical Engineer: Design innovative electrical systems and pocket an average of $82,000 per year.
- Dentist: Ensure oral health and smile all the way to an annual income of $175,000.
- Marketing Manager: Shape brand strategies and earn around $135,000 annually.
- Mechanical Engineer: Innovate mechanical systems and earn an average of $80,000 yearly.
- UX/UI Designer: Create user-friendly interfaces and earn about $95,000 annually.
- Petroleum Engineer: Contribute to the energy sector with an average yearly income of $137,000.
How to Secure Your Dream Job
Securing a high-paying job in the USA involves specific steps:
- Visit reputable job websites like LinkedIn, Usajobs, Indeed, and GovernmentJobs.
- Obtain the required professional licenses or qualifications.
- Search for job listings that offer visa sponsorship.
- Craft a compelling resume and cover letter.
- Apply online and await further instructions.
Working as a barber in the USA with visa sponsorship can open doors to a fulfilling career. Whether you choose to pursue a career in barbering or explore other high-paying professions, the opportunities are abundant.
Research, preparation, and determination are key to successfully navigating the competitive job market. So, if you’re ready to embark on a new journey of growth and success, seize the chance to contribute your skills and talents to the vibrant American workforce.